Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The End of an Adventure, Beginning of Another

Writing my first blog since becoming ENGAGED! I won't bore you with all the details partly because it would take most of my time, and mostly because we've already bought a domain name (www.kevinandmk.com) to fill with ALL of our engagement/wedding information (updates coming soon...). All I'll really say about it, is that we are STOKED!! To be honest, we both knew it would happen soon. After everything fell into place with my engagement ring (family diamonds were involved), Kevin felt it was the right moment. AND he wanted to have me spoken for before I went on my cruise contract... Speaking of...

Ok... So, it's Wednesday. I'm supposed to be ON the ship on SATURDAY... IN ROME... The kicker? I don't have my flight info yet!!! Having called my entertainment company yesterday to see if there were any leads as to when I was leaving, we both came to the conclusion that more than likely I'd fly out Friday. When on Friday – I have no clue. Unfortunately, if it's really early in the morning, Kevin and I will have to drive to Bozeman (the nearest airport I'm flying out of, 2 hours away) tomorrow and get a hotel room to stay in. I love staying in hotels, but it being my last night in town, I'd rather stay in our quaint little cabin that we've grown to love so much. But 'gotta do what you gotta do.'

I haven't started packing yet. I've thrown a couple dresses into a stuff sack, but the majority of my things haven't been touched. Oy vey. I've been working full-time up until yesterday and I need to do laundry... And it just doesn't really feel like I'm going. Maybe once I have my flight schedule I'll be more motivated. I think, too, that a part of me hasn't started packing yet because I don't want to leave Kevin. We haven't spent more than 5 hours apart since he came up to New York City to get me (I know – you're rolling your eyes). We live together, work together, play together, eat together... everything. And I know, I know, I KNOW this time apart will do us good ('distance makes the heart grow fonder') and I KNOW in 3 weeks once I'm settled on the ship and into 'world traveler' mode I'll be fine. It's the whole 2 or so weeks leading up to me leaving that's the hardest. It's like there's a weight on my shoulders... An inevitability just looming around the corner. But I have to tell myself that it's JUST 8 weeks... As far as standard contracts go, this is a fraction of the time I'd normally be away. So every time a lump forms in my throat, I think of these things: 8 weeks, MONEY, the Pyramids, Indian food, and being on stage (not necessarily in the that order!).

As much as I've enjoyed my summer in West, I'm looking forward to indulging my travel bug (egypt, Egypt, EGYPT!!!!), and being in the spotlight once again. Once the contract is over, I fly home for the Holidays! I've already packed my winter schedule out. I haven't had near the time I'd like to devote to wedding planning (though we do have a date... September 24th, 2011), so that'll be on the top of my list as soon as I'm home. Also, I contacted an awesome (and involved) musical director friend of mine who gave me a heads up about a production of RENT that's coming to the Asheville Community Theatre in February. Auditions would be 2 days after I've landed in December, but I'll be fresh from a contract, and ready to be in one of my favorite shows! I plan on a trip to China the end of February (I'm having my wedding dress custom made for me by my dad's Chinese tailer), and then a tentative vacation to Belize with Kevin's family in March. April will then be spent on the road, as Kevin and I take a month to hit some of our favorite cities (new and old) to visit with friends and family on our way back to Montana for next summer. Whew. Excitement GALORE! I LOVE IT!

On the agenda for the rest of the day – laundry, the dreaded packing, dying hair (nothing extreme...), and a fun night out compliments of my boss. Since my birthday (the 18th) will be spent on the ship, Kevin decided that today is my 'fake' birthday (I haven't spent a birthday 'home' in 4 years). He baked me a cake last night that I'm not allowed to touch until dinner tonight, complete with sprinkles and candles! It was his first EVER cake, and I must say the boy did pretty good! We're also going shopping for my 'tacky t-shirt.' It's a new obsession I have that all started with a glow-in-the-dark tee I bought at a Wal-Mart in Alaska that has wolves on it (it's so awesome). My other presents included an assortment of music CDs Kevin has been laboring over AND a Moose Drool hoodie that I've had my eye on all summer! It's been a great 'fake' birthday so far!

Now I'm off to cook Kevin some lunch (Chickpea burgers with slaw and pringles... So gourmet. So yum.). I will try my very best to keep an up-to-date blog while cruising the seas so you can follow along in my adventures! Hope everyone is having a vibrant and fragrant Fall! And wish for peace in Europe!

No comments:

Post a Comment